Out of Ireland
Out of Ireland sells an eclectic collection of Irish inspired and made products from all the most popular Irish brands, including knitwear, clothing, jewellery, fashion accessories, and gifts. These products are sold from their shop, located in a beautiful heritage building in a prime downtown Victoria location.
We developed Out of Ireland’s website several years ago as a brochure website designed to display the wide array of fine products they have to offer. This website was a continued success for many years, attracting strong visitor numbers monthly. However, with the advent of COVID-19, Out Of Ireland has had to adapt. In response to the pandemic, they shut down their store, and to help their business stay competitive they asked us to convert their website into a full e-commerce online shopping site so that they can continue selling without in-store visitors.
Having already designed a successful website for Out Of Ireland, our most recent challenge came in the form of converting that pre-existing brochure site to an e-commerce website. Figuring how to pivot to being an online-only business as quickly and seamlessly was possibly the biggest, and most common, challenge facing website designers and businesses in 2020. For Out Of Ireland, we were able to quickly add the necessary e-commerce functions and ensure they were not missing out on this vital revenue stream.
- A mobile-first responsive design, optimized to display well on all devices from smartphones through to desktops
- An easy to manage CMS (Content Management System)
- Easy to use shopping cart
- Ability to add and edit products, complete with images descriptions
- User friendly shipping and billing address forms
- Credit card security protocols
- Product schema, doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes for search engines
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for enhanced security
The e-commerce website has been a tremendous success, with over $47,000 in sales recorded in the first 6 months of being live. The goal of the site is not to replace their physical store - which is now back up and running - but to augment meant it going forward. Not only does it give them an additional revenue stream, but it also helps to boost their foot traffic and grow their audience.
- Responsive Website Design
- Custom Website Design
- Full content management system
- Google Maps listing