Radar Hill Is Looking For A New Web Designer!
We are looking to make a new addition to our team here at Radar Hill! This opening is an exciting opportunity for a talented Web Designer / Front-End Developer. Your role will primarily be to assist our Graphics Department in the creation of attractive and dynamic websites for our clients.
If you are a gifted and hard-working designer/developer who demonstrates impeccable attention to detail, technical proficiency, a sharp eye for design, creative flair, HTML & CSS skills, and know how to follow detailed instructions with input from a client, then we want to hear from you!
We require someone who has a solid foundation of skills and knowledge when it comes to the fundamentals of graphic design and web development.
You Will Be:
- Creating sleek, modern, and well-designed websites
- Designing responsive and mobile-friendly websites, with an emphasis on user experience
- Creating design briefs and project guideline documents based on the client's needs
- Organizing and managing client content and assets
- Conducting thorough testing and reviews to make sure websites validate based on W3C standards
- Expected to follow Google best practices
- Able to turn a design proof into code
You Will Have:
- The skill and attention to detail required for the fine-tuning of original customized web layouts
- The knowledge and drive to implement W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup
- A constant desire to find ways to enhance the function and usability of web layouts
- An inquisitive mind that is always looking learn more about modern technologies and adapt to new coding practices
- A passion for collaboration, and an openness to learning from sharing knowledge with your peers
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- The flexibility to improvise, work within set budgets, and adapt to unforeseen challenges
- Offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Have a strong reputation built from 18 years of operating as a successful business
- Work 35 hours a week in our office, Monday to Friday – without the pain or hassle of overtime
- Have an elegant and comfortable open plan office offering scenic views of the city
- Are a motley crew of designers, smoothie drinkers, coders, programmers, writers, and animal lovers
- Are an equal-opportunity, wheelchair/handicap accessible office
Think this is the job for you? To get our attention: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your design portfolio, with at least 3 designs
- What you offer and why you want to join us
- Your resume including references
- A catchy subject line
- An answer to the question: "How do you recognize a good design from a bad design?"
This is an in-office position, so you must be located, or willing to be located, on Southern Vancouver Island. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those who cannot follow these instructions will not be shortlisted.