How do I use my new email address with Outlook?
Note: These instructions are for the setup of Radar Hill-hosted e-mail addresses. Other e-mail hosts (such as Telus, Shaw, and Gmail) may have different settings or require IMAP instead of POP setup.
As different software versions of Outlook may have different interfaces and may use different terms, please call us if anything is unclear. A visual guide can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Open up Outlook.
- Go to Tools.
- Choose Email Accounts. A new window will open entitled Email Accounts.
- Click on "Add a new email account".
- Server Types: Select POP3, then click "Next"
Fill out the information fields as below:
- Your Name (the name you want people to see), for example: John Smith
- E-mail Address: YOUR_EMAIL@YOUR_WEBSITE.com
- User Name: YOUR_EMAIL@YOUR_WEBSITE.com
- Password: PASSWORD GOES IN HERE (Note: this is case sensitive)
- Remember Password: (checked)
- Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): (unchecked)
- Incoming mail server (POP3): YOUR_WEBSITE.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): YOUR_WEBSITE.com
Click on More Settings, then click on the Advanced tab.
- Where it says: "Outgoing mail (SMTP): 25", change the 25 to 587.
- Click "Apply", then OK.
- Click Close to close Internet Accounts.
- Go check your mail as usual.
As well, you can also check your email from any computer (much like Hotmail or Gmail) at www.YOUR_WEBSITE.com/webmail (replacing "YOUR_WEBSITE.com" with your website address).